Our Fairfax store is seeking a Full Time Floor Manager.
This is a great position for someone who is an experienced leader who loves supporting the community with great customer service while also supporting staff in a busy natural foods market. This position learns all departments and oversees the retail floor while we are open. This position is 40 hours per week, mixed shifts and both weekend days.
Good Earth is a community based natural foods market highly committed to the organic food movement. Our Fridge Department has products that can only be found here and no where else in Marin. Working in the Fridge Department is a great opportunity to learn a lot about healing foods, food sourcing, local and organic, and the highest ingredient standards.
* In-the-moment leadership of staff
* Giving and modeling exceptional customer service
* Performing service duties in all departments
* Handling customer service issues, staffing issues, and equipment service calls
* Ensuring safety of staff and customers and responding to incidents
* Supporting and guiding all on-the-floor operations
* At least one year of leadership experience in a previous job
* Strong customer service experience
* Previous grocery retail experience preferred
* Maturity, integrity and professionalism
* Accuracy with details, strong verbal communication skills, self-initiative, prioritization skills
* Ability to take direction gracefully, partner well, be flexible, and contribute to a positive work environment
* A high level of ownership and high standards for work quality
To take care of our Full Time employees, we:
* return 10% of our profits to them
* provide Paid Time Off
* give a 25% store wide discount
* partner with local merchants to secure discounts for our workers
* support staff growing within the organization