Our Fairfax store is seeking a Full Time Grocery Clerk.
This position focuses customer service and keeping our 95% organic and GMO-free grocery shelves fully stocked and looking beautiful. We are seeking someone who has some knowledge of natural foods, strong customer service skills and experience, organizing skills, and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. This position stocks our frozen shelves as well as our dry grocery aisles. You will continue to learn about organic food, ingredient standards, special dietary needs and food sourcing issues.
We are Marin’s only independent, full-service, community-based mostly organic grocery stores. We are devoted to healing our food production system, our ecosystem, and sustaining healthy human bodies! We are a highly positive work culture, always seeking to grow and be great for each other and our community. Come play a role in supporting these goals and our community!
* Unloading, stocking and ferrying product from back stock to the retail shelves
* Keeping retail & frozen shelves fully stocked, rotated and faced
* Giving friendly, helpful, knowledgeable customer service
* Keeping back stock organized
* Communicating courteously and effectively with team members
* Learning more and more about the products and organic food
* Previous retail experience and/or strong customer service experience
* Some grocery or natural foods experience preferred
* Ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks effectively
* Ability to be on feet all day, and lift up to 40 lbs regularly
* Fluent English required
To take care of our Full Time employees, we:
* return 10% of our profits to them
* offer medical, dental and vision plans
* provide Paid Time Off
* give a 25% store wide discount
* partner with local merchants to secure discounts for our workers
* support staff growing within the organization