Our Fairfax store is seeking a Part Time Herbs & Teas Clerk.
If you know your medicinal and culinary herbs and want to be responsible for our large bulk herb section, please apply! This position is responsible for stocking and keeping our bulk herb aisle clean. Customer service is a large part of the role as well, so you must have strong previous customer service experience. This role is part of our Wellness Department and knowledge of supplements and body care is preferred to assist with customer service. A love or sincere interest in health and organic foods is preferred.
We are Marin’s only independent, full-service, community-based mostly organic grocery stores. We are devoted to healing our food production system, our ecosystem, and sustaining healthy human bodies! We are a highly positive work culture, always seeking to grow and be great for each other and our community. Come play a role in supporting our goals and our community!
* Buying bulk herbs and teas, and boxed teas
* Stocking bulk herb jars, keeping the retail floor full at all times with fresh product
* Maintaining back stock organization and inventory levels
* Cleaning retail counter and shelves
* Lots of great customer service
* Previous high volume customer service experience
* Basic knowledge of culinary and medicinal herbs and teas
* Alignment with the organic food movement
* This position includes moderate lifting, up to 40 lbs, and walking and standing the entire shift. This is a physical job, must be in good condition and know how to take care of yourself.
* Fluent English required.
To take care of our Full Time employees, we:
* provide a Profit Share Bonus program
* provide paid time off
* give a 15% store wide discount
* partner with local merchants to secure discounts for our workers
* support staff growing within the company