Our Fairfax store is seeking to fill a Full Time Meat & Seafood Clerk position.
This is a great position for someone who has passion for food, enjoys being of service to people and loves learning in-depth about food. We are looking for some knowledge of meat, seafood and poultry, skill with a knife, food handling experience, and a positive, health-minded orientation. Some professional experience in handling meat & seafood preferred, but will train the right person. Because we are a natural foods market and very committed to organic food and sustainability, we are seeking applicants who have a sincere interest in these issues. Strong customer service experience and people skills are necessary in this position.
We are Marin’s only independent, full-service, community-based 95% organic grocery stores. We are devoted to healing our food production system, our ecosystem, and sustaining healthy human bodies! We are a highly positive work culture, always seeking to grow and be great for each other and our community. Come play a role in supporting our goals and our community!
* Extensive customer service
* Prepping and cutting product
* Stocking the case
* Knowledge of cooking meat, seafood and poultry
* Educating customers about our producers and food standards
* Constantly learning more about the product.
* Food handling experience in a professional setting
* Basic knowledge of meat and seafood preferred
* Previous customer service experience
* Good knife skills
* Fluency in English required
* Ability to be on feet all day, and to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
To take care of our Full Time employees, we:
* provide a profit share bonus program
* offer medical, dental and vision plans
* provide paid time off
* give a 25% store wide discount
* partner with local merchants to secure discounts for our workers
* support staff growing within the company