Meat & Seafood Clerk
PM Shifts, one weekend day required
$19 - $21/hr
Position Wage Range
$19 - $26/hr
Our Mill Valley store is seeking to fill a Full Time Meat & Seafood Clerk position.
This is a great position for someone who has passion for food, enjoys being of service to people and loves learning in-depth about food. We are looking for some knowledge of meat, seafood and poultry, skill with a knife, food handling experience, and a positive, health-minded orientation. Some professional experience in handling meat and seafood preferred, but will train the right person. Because we are a natural foods market and very committed to organic food and sustainability, we are seeking applicants who have a sincere interest in these issues. Strong customer service experience and people skills are necessary in this position.
* Extensive customer service
* Prepping and cutting product
* Stocking the case
* Knowledge of cooking meat, seafood and poultry
* Educating customers about our producers and food standards
* Constantly learning more about the product.
* Food handling experience in a professional setting
* Basic knowledge of meat and seafood preferred
* Previous customer service experience
* Good knife skills
* Fluency in English required
* Ability to be on feet all day, and to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
For our Full-Time Employees, we offer:
* Profit Share Bonuses
* Medical, dental and vision plans
* Paid Time Off
* 30% storewide discount, with 50% off Kitchen/Cafe Takeout orders
* 401k benefit with employer match