Our Mill Valley store is seeking a Full Time AM Produce Clerk.
Our Produce department is 100% certified organic – unique in the area! We are looking for experience with produce receiving & setting produce displays, but can train the right person. Good knife skills and knife experience required. Working with produce is a very rewarding experience, as you handle beautiful fresh organic produce, learn about the farms, educate customers, learn about whole food nutrition, and build beautiful, colorful displays.
We are Marin’s only independent, full-service, community-based mostly organic grocery stores. We are devoted to healing our food production system, our ecosystem, and sustaining healthy human bodies! We are a highly positive work culture, always seeking to grow and be great for each other and our community. Come play a role in supporting this goal and our community!.
* Receiving morning deliveries as needed
* Organizing produce walk-in fridge
* Prepping product
* Setting displays
* Lots of great customer service
* Previous high volume customer service experience
* Basic knowledge of produce: identification, nutrition, cooking, etc.
* Some retail produce experience preferred
* Alignment with the organic food movement
* Must be in good condition and be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs, stand on concrete all day, regular reaching
* Basic knife experience and skills
* English required, Spanish skills a plus
To take care of our Full Time employees, we:
* provide a Profit Share Bonus program
* offer medical, dental and vision plans
* provide paid time off
* give a 25% store wide discount
* partner with local merchants to secure discounts for our workers
* support staff growing within the company