Good Earth is seeking a Full Time Experienced Meat Cutter. This position will report to Good Earth’s Meat & Seafood Manager.
Good Earth is committed to the use of only clean meat and poultry and we use certified organic whenever possible. Our seafood is sustainably harvested. This position is very focused on customer service with a lot of service counter work. This is a work environment that is positive, health-committed, progressive and dedicated to providing our customers with the highest quality food and information. We are seeking candidates who have good experience in meat cutting, knowledge of seafood, as well as experience or interest in sustainable and organic food production.
* Cutting meat; use of band saw and grinder
* Extensive customer service
* Prepping and cutting fish
* Stocking the case
* Sharing knowledge of cooking meat, seafood and poultry
* Educating customers about our producers and food standards
* Constantly learning more about the product.
* At least one year experience in professional meat cutting, including band saw
* Superior knife skills
* Serve Safe Certified or strong Food Safety knowledge or experience
* Ability to cut, portion and handle Meat, Fish and Poultry
* Experience, or sincere interest, in working with local “grass fed” or certified organic meat and poultry, and sustainable seafood
* Team player and self motivated
* Comprehension of workplace sanitation protocol in a butchery setting
* Strong customer service skills
* Fluency in English required
- Quarterly Profit Share bonuses
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- 30% storewide discount
- 401(k) plan with employer match