UPDATES REGARDING COVID-19
At Good Earth, ensuring the safety of both our staff and customers is a top priority, and we are taking a number of steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our stores. Read on to learn more about how we are adapting our business to best serve the community.
Open Daily 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
On Friday, July 16th, the county of Marin joined a number of Bay Area counties in recommending that everyone wear masks indoors, regardless of their vaccination status. While Good Earth is not currently requiring masks for customers, we ask for your help in supporting this recommendation. All Good Earth staff members are required to wear masks.
The state of California does require that masks for those who are not fully vaccinated, including children 2 and older who are not yet eligible for vaccination.
Outdoor Dining Update: Both stores are now offering outdoor dining. Our indoor dining areas remain closed.
Online grocery ordering is live! Curbside pick up is available in both stores, and delivery is available in Fairfax, San Anselmo, Mill Valley, Sausalito, and more.
Self-Serve Kitchen Offerings
Our Hot Bar, Salad Bar, and Soup Bar are currently closed. Our Chef’s Case, Sandwich Station, Taqueria, and Wok Bar are open. We’ve increased our grab and go offerings, and we’ve adapted other high-touch, self-serve areas of our food service departments like our Pastry Case, Pizza Station, and Cafe Coffee and Tea stations, so that product handling is limited to staff members only.
We are accepting reusable grocery bags, reusable produce bags, and reusable bulk containers in our stores. We ask that customers refrain from shopping directly into their personal grocery bags, and instead use a cart or a basket.
We are not yet accepting personal cups and containers in our Cafe and Kitchen, or our other service counters.
Additional Precautionary Measures:
- Our team sanitizes shopping carts and baskets after every use
- We sanitize styluses at our payment portals after every use. We also accept Apple Pay
- We’ve installed acrylic barriers at our checkstands, express registers, customer service desks, and cafe registers
- All active and passive food sampling is currently suspended
- We’ve increased cleaning efforts throughout our stores, with a focus on high-touch areas
- We’ve instituted daily temperature checks and symptom screenings for every staff member at the start of every shift
- We’re providing regular training and updates to staff around COVID-19 prevention and transmission, including the importance of social distancing and proper hand-washing
- To help ensure social distancing, we’ve created alternative break areas